Kimberly L. Robinson
Kimberly L. Robinson is a Member of Hughes Socol Piers Resnick & Dym, Ltd. and is a member of the medical malpractice and birth trauma defense teams.
She is involved in a number of professional, community and civic organizations that serve in promoting educational pipeline, cultural and diversity initiatives. She has served on the Cook County Judicial Evaluation Committee for the Alliance of Bar Associations through her involvement with the Illinois Bar Association and the Asian American Bar Association.
Ms. Robinson is involved in all aspects of the defense of medical malpractice cases, through discovery, mediation, trial and appeal. She has extensive experience in representing health care specialists from all fields of medicine, including emergency medicine, trauma surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, obstetrics, gynecology and cardiology, among others. She has represented health care providers such as hospitals, health care corporations, administrators, clinic groups, surgeons, physicians, social workers, therapists and technicians in all areas of professional liability defense with issues such as standard of care in treatment, informed consent, apparent agency and complex medical causation. Ms. Robinson has been an invited presenter for numerous continuing medical education courses and seminars provided to physician, resident and nursing staffs through hospitals and other professional medical organizations.
She served on the Alumni Board of the Northern Illinois University College of Law, where she received her J.D. in 1989, and was a graduate from the Honors Program at Northern Illinois University with a B.S. in Community Health Administration and Political Science.
Ms. Robinson is admitted to practice in Illinois.
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, J.D.
- Northern Illinois University, B.S.
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Named 2017 Leading Lawyer by Leading Lawyers Network
Memberships / Associations
- Asian American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- llinois State Bar Association, The Diversity Task Force Member, Standing Committee on Women and Minority Participation Member, Federal Bar Association
- Japanese American Service Committee, Board Member
- Northern Illinois College of Law, Alumni Board (former)
- United Way, Diversity Alliance